Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break
July 15, 2013
LOS ANGELES — Viewed through a big-picture window, the Rockies have reached the all-star break in decent shape.
An encouraging four-game split with the red-hot Los Angeles Dodgers, capped off with a 3-1 victory Sunday, leaves the Rockies with a 46-50 record, 4½ games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West.
Considering where they were at the break last year — 33-52, 13 games out — it's a quantum leap.
"I'm encouraged by the way we've played, how hard we've played and how we've competed," ever-optimistic first-year manager Walt Weiss said.
Read more: Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23660741/rockies-decent-position-heading-into-all-star-break#ixzz2Z9hrCjqe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Prep roundup: Senior breaks all-time digs record, football looks to get past tough week, boys soccer wraps up
- Mountain Wheels: Lexus’ brave GS-F demonstrates power on a big platform (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)