Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break
July 15, 2013
LOS ANGELES — Viewed through a big-picture window, the Rockies have reached the all-star break in decent shape.
An encouraging four-game split with the red-hot Los Angeles Dodgers, capped off with a 3-1 victory Sunday, leaves the Rockies with a 46-50 record, 4½ games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West.
Considering where they were at the break last year — 33-52, 13 games out — it’s a quantum leap.
“I’m encouraged by the way we’ve played, how hard we’ve played and how we’ve competed,” ever-optimistic first-year manager Walt Weiss said.
Read more: Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23660741/rockies-decent-position-heading-into-all-star-break#ixzz2Z9hrCjqe
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases