Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break
July 15, 2013
LOS ANGELES — Viewed through a big-picture window, the Rockies have reached the all-star break in decent shape.
An encouraging four-game split with the red-hot Los Angeles Dodgers, capped off with a 3-1 victory Sunday, leaves the Rockies with a 46-50 record, 4½ games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West.
Considering where they were at the break last year — 33-52, 13 games out — it’s a quantum leap.
“I’m encouraged by the way we’ve played, how hard we’ve played and how we’ve competed,” ever-optimistic first-year manager Walt Weiss said.
Read more: Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23660741/rockies-decent-position-heading-into-all-star-break#ixzz2Z9hrCjqe
Trending In: Sports
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Pre-season training for avalanche rescue dogs? It’s a thing
- Colorado Escapist: The Skyrunning Capital of America in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Mountain Wheels: Further-transformed Hyundai Santa Fe is a pleasant pick