Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break
July 15, 2013
LOS ANGELES — Viewed through a big-picture window, the Rockies have reached the all-star break in decent shape.
An encouraging four-game split with the red-hot Los Angeles Dodgers, capped off with a 3-1 victory Sunday, leaves the Rockies with a 46-50 record, 4½ games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West.
Considering where they were at the break last year — 33-52, 13 games out — it's a quantum leap.
"I'm encouraged by the way we've played, how hard we've played and how we've competed," ever-optimistic first-year manager Walt Weiss said.
Read more: Rockies in decent position heading into all-star break – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23660741/rockies-decent-position-heading-into-all-star-break#ixzz2Z9hrCjqe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update