Rockies in “survival mode” until injured Troy Tulowitzki returns
June 16, 2013
Rockies catcher Yorvit Torrealba owns nearly a dozen race horses. He knows a little something about handicapping. So, late last week, he leaned back in his chair in the home team's clubhouse at Coors Field and offered his view of the National League West. "This is going to be a tough division. We are ready for it. We have too much talent not to be up there in the standings," Torrealba said. "All year it's going to be like this. I don't think we are going anywhere, you know, unless something crazy happens."
Five hours later, star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lost for about six weeks with a fractured rib.
Read more: Rockies in "survival mode" until injured Troy Tulowitzki returns – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23470400/rockies-survival-mode-until-injured-troy-tulowitzki-returns#ixzz2WQdad7fp
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit Black dominates Tigers’ girls rugby tourney
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Prep roundup: Summit senior earns ‘well-deserved’ trip to state golf tournament
- Mountain Wheels: Acura’s sporty TLX seeks a high-altitude boost (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Man who fatally crashed into Lake Dillon was driving 60 mph, possibly intoxicated, report says
- Mountain Town News: How to keep Yellowstone’s supervolcano from blasting
- High Country Crime: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards, sheriff’s office says
- Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- With rising suicide rate, prevention becomes Summit County community’s focus