Shaun White slides into X Games slopestyle finals
January 24, 2013
ASPEN – With only one finals event Thursday at Buttermilk Mountain, the opening day for the Winter X Games featured plenty of qualifying runs down the superpipe and the slopestyle course for the men.
Shaun White squeezed into the slopestyle finals, advancing for the first time since 2009 when he won gold. White qualified seventh Thursday after two runs in the elimination round.
The top eight scores advanced out of the 16-man qualifying round, and White’s score came on his first run as he fell on his second run trying to improve his standing.
White was fourth after the first-round run, which had a few hiccups, and scored just 67.33 points. By the time he started his second run, his first-run score had dropped to seventh, but that was still enough to get to the finals. He fell on the second jump in his second run and had to settle for seventh.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases