Shaun White slides into X Games slopestyle finals
January 24, 2013
ASPEN – With only one finals event Thursday at Buttermilk Mountain, the opening day for the Winter X Games featured plenty of qualifying runs down the superpipe and the slopestyle course for the men.
Shaun White squeezed into the slopestyle finals, advancing for the first time since 2009 when he won gold. White qualified seventh Thursday after two runs in the elimination round.
The top eight scores advanced out of the 16-man qualifying round, and White’s score came on his first run as he fell on his second run trying to improve his standing.
White was fourth after the first-round run, which had a few hiccups, and scored just 67.33 points. By the time he started his second run, his first-run score had dropped to seventh, but that was still enough to get to the finals. He fell on the second jump in his second run and had to settle for seventh.
Trending In: Sports
- Slaying the first North American superpipe at the 2016 Rev Tour in Copper Mountain (photos and video)
- Summit’s Hanna Markel makes D-1 women’s hockey debut with University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Dew Tour Day 1: Harlaut, Sildaru and McMorris dominate the big-air slopestyle jump in a blizzard
- Dew Tour welcomes a new era with friends, family and fresh powder galore
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend