Silverthorne Storm have strong showing in Fraser
June 13, 2013
The Silverthorne Storm gymnastics team competed in its second meet of the season in Fraser last weekend. The team earned a number of trips to the podium and additional regional qualifying spots. The team continued to show progress with more-complex moves being added to routines.
Emma McComb,11, had a strong performance on the vault, taking first place in that event. Sophie Imamura, 13, placed in every event in which she participated. Delani Bargell, 12, hit a much-improved vault, finishing first, and a clean bar routine, finishing third.
The compulsory 4 team added new regional qualifiers in all-around, with a number of podium trips as well. Nina Schamberger, 7, won beam and all-around while placing second in the other events. Tai-Lee Smith, 10, had a very solid meet and improved her all-around score by four points. Lily Hess, 9, had a very clean bar routine to win the event, she placed in every event taking second in all-around. Halle Rogers, 11, hit the podium for the first time, placing sixth on floor. She also qualified in all-around. Scarlett Murphy, 8, hit a solid beam routine taking first. Others getting their first all-around qualifying scores were Deanna Davidson,9; Bryton Ferrari,9; Maddie Nations,9; and Kassidy Smierciak, 9.
In the compulsory 5 meet, the Storm added another handful of regional all-around qualifiers. Sara Sones,13, showing steady improvement, won the vault and floor in her age group. She also hit her first all-around qualifying score. Sammi Cason,12, had a strong first meet of the year and placed in every event, including second on the beam and floor.
The Storm's next meet is at home June 21-22.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- Dirt, wind and pirates in Frisco at Timberline Cruiser Regatta and free Frisco Bike Fling on June 24
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Gold Run Rush preview (video)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- A world-class cliff-diver’s letter to his younger self
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide