Silverthorne Storm have strong showing in Fraser
June 13, 2013
The Silverthorne Storm gymnastics team competed in its second meet of the season in Fraser last weekend. The team earned a number of trips to the podium and additional regional qualifying spots. The team continued to show progress with more-complex moves being added to routines.
Emma McComb,11, had a strong performance on the vault, taking first place in that event. Sophie Imamura, 13, placed in every event in which she participated. Delani Bargell, 12, hit a much-improved vault, finishing first, and a clean bar routine, finishing third.
The compulsory 4 team added new regional qualifiers in all-around, with a number of podium trips as well. Nina Schamberger, 7, won beam and all-around while placing second in the other events. Tai-Lee Smith, 10, had a very solid meet and improved her all-around score by four points. Lily Hess, 9, had a very clean bar routine to win the event, she placed in every event taking second in all-around. Halle Rogers, 11, hit the podium for the first time, placing sixth on floor. She also qualified in all-around. Scarlett Murphy, 8, hit a solid beam routine taking first. Others getting their first all-around qualifying scores were Deanna Davidson,9; Bryton Ferrari,9; Maddie Nations,9; and Kassidy Smierciak, 9.
In the compulsory 5 meet, the Storm added another handful of regional all-around qualifiers. Sara Sones,13, showing steady improvement, won the vault and floor in her age group. She also hit her first all-around qualifying score. Sammi Cason,12, had a strong first meet of the year and placed in every event, including second on the beam and floor.
The Storm's next meet is at home June 21-22.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska
- Dear Drewbie: Your feelings are what you eat (seriously) when it comes to mood and food
- Summit Youth Hockey sends 3 girls to USA Hockey National Championship Tourney
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- Summit County Special Olympics Alpine Team earns 11 medals at Copper Winter Games
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Wolf Creek Ski Area death March 25 confirmed as state’s 12th
- Breckenridge roundabout and trolley updates hope to lessen congestion woes