Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
Ryan Summerlin December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
Trending In: Sports
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge