Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
Trending In: Sports
- Taming The Beavers: A-Basin’s Alan Henceroth talks about a landmark expansion
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- Summit Nordic launches GoFundMe campaign for Lake Placid Jr. Championships
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs