Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
Trending In: Sports
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Pre-season training for avalanche rescue dogs? It’s a thing
- Before HS state champs, locals find power in pedaling with The Cycle Effect
- Mountain Wheels: Further-transformed Hyundai Santa Fe is a pleasant pick
- Best of 2017 Colorado skis from Meier, Rocky Mountain Underground, Fat-ypus and more