Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Summit ‘Rugby’ County, USA: Home to the Blue Goose, Renegades and Summit Tigers rugby clubs
- Mountain Wheels: Audi’s high-energy SQ5 SUV aims at performance-minded drivers (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- BREAKING: Silverthorne police request residents take shelter
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class