Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont