Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases