Snowboard big air title goes to McMorris
December 15, 2012
The winter Dew Tour held its first big air event for snowboarding Saturday night. Athletes from all over the world threw down crazy tricks, and one snowboarder in particular Mark McMorris did more than live up to the high standards of his competition and spectators when he ended up on the top of the podium. McMorris claimed first place when he landed a triple cork during the big air competition.
“I was lucky enough to get into the competition; anyone could have won,” McMorris said.
Throwing down this early in the season, it’s no doubt McMorris is one kid to keep an eye out for. McMorris said he is “getting his game on for 2014.”
After stepping down from the top of the podium McMorris said he is going to continue evolving his style and keep it fun.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Prep roundup: Tigers XC posts 18 personal-bests in Rifle
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral