Stars’ balanced effort does in Avs
March 24, 2013
DALLAS – Derek Roy, Eric Nystrom and Jaromir Jagr each had a goal and an assist to lead the Dallas Stars to a 5-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.
Rookie Jordie Benn got his first NHL goal and Cody Eakin also scored for Dallas, which won its second straight game following a 1-4-1 stretch in which they were outscored 23-10. Jamie Benn added three assists.
The Stars moving up from 10th place to eighth in the Western Conference, jumping ahead of San Jose and Columbus for the conference’s final playoff position.
Kari Lehtonen, making his 11th straight start, stopped 33 shots two nights after getting 40 saves in a 2-0 win at Los Angeles.
Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist, and P.A. Parenteau also scored for Colorado.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access