Stars’ balanced effort does in Avs
March 24, 2013
DALLAS – Derek Roy, Eric Nystrom and Jaromir Jagr each had a goal and an assist to lead the Dallas Stars to a 5-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.
Rookie Jordie Benn got his first NHL goal and Cody Eakin also scored for Dallas, which won its second straight game following a 1-4-1 stretch in which they were outscored 23-10. Jamie Benn added three assists.
The Stars moving up from 10th place to eighth in the Western Conference, jumping ahead of San Jose and Columbus for the conference’s final playoff position.
Kari Lehtonen, making his 11th straight start, stopped 33 shots two nights after getting 40 saves in a 2-0 win at Los Angeles.
Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist, and P.A. Parenteau also scored for Colorado.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- MCL tears are a common ski injury
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction