Stars’ balanced effort does in Avs
March 24, 2013
DALLAS – Derek Roy, Eric Nystrom and Jaromir Jagr each had a goal and an assist to lead the Dallas Stars to a 5-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.
Rookie Jordie Benn got his first NHL goal and Cody Eakin also scored for Dallas, which won its second straight game following a 1-4-1 stretch in which they were outscored 23-10. Jamie Benn added three assists.
The Stars moving up from 10th place to eighth in the Western Conference, jumping ahead of San Jose and Columbus for the conference’s final playoff position.
Kari Lehtonen, making his 11th straight start, stopped 33 shots two nights after getting 40 saves in a 2-0 win at Los Angeles.
Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist, and P.A. Parenteau also scored for Colorado.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Summit County Ark Sharks win R4 Nationals rafting comp, now headed to 2018 Worlds
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to extend season with bonus weekend
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide