Stars’ balanced effort does in Avs
March 24, 2013
DALLAS – Derek Roy, Eric Nystrom and Jaromir Jagr each had a goal and an assist to lead the Dallas Stars to a 5-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.
Rookie Jordie Benn got his first NHL goal and Cody Eakin also scored for Dallas, which won its second straight game following a 1-4-1 stretch in which they were outscored 23-10. Jamie Benn added three assists.
The Stars moving up from 10th place to eighth in the Western Conference, jumping ahead of San Jose and Columbus for the conference’s final playoff position.
Kari Lehtonen, making his 11th straight start, stopped 33 shots two nights after getting 40 saves in a 2-0 win at Los Angeles.
Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist, and P.A. Parenteau also scored for Colorado.
Trending In: Sports
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)