Summit County bike trails: Frisco to Dillon and Keystone
July 17, 2015
BY THE NUMBERS
Distance: Rating: Easy
Time: 1.5 hours
Elevation: 9,025 – 9,250 ft.
Type: Out & back ride, utilizing paved trails and roads
Season: April to November
While the Lake Dillon rec path goes all the way around the lake, on both paved trails and roadways, the section of the ride between Frisco and Dillon makes for a pleasant, moderate ride on its own. The route provides great views of Dillon Reservoir and a scenic ride along the Snake River to Keystone Resort.
Know Before You Go
This route passes through a portion of the Keystone golf course. Please stay on the path and respect areas posted as restricted to bikes. Check out the new paved community pathway between the River Run Golf Course entrance and Summit Cove to access new singletrack trails at the golf course.
The first part of this ride utilizes the description outlined for the Around-The-Lake Loop up to Swan Mountain Road. From there, the path crosses the intersection of Swan Mountain Road at the light and continues east adjacent to Hwy 6 along the Snake River as you enter Keystone. Stay on the trail in sections that pass adjacent to private sites above the river. Once you cross beneath County Road 8 (West Keystone Road), bear right, climb a slight hill and continue until the pathway ends in the Mountain House parking lot. From there, the route alternates between paved pathway and roads. For more information, pick up a copy of Keystone's Trail Map at the Mountain Bike Headquarters in River Run or call (970) 496-3610.
In Frisco parking is available at the marina within public lots adjacent to Main Street. The main Keystone parking lot is along the north side of Hwy 6 across the Hwy from the Keystone Lodge. In Dillon, parking is available at the marina, and along Hwy 9 at the intersection with Tenderfoot Street. (Tenderfoot Trailhead), the Dillon Nature Preserve Trail Head and the Snake River Inlet Parking north of Swan Mountain Road.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- Dirt, wind and pirates in Frisco at Timberline Cruiser Regatta and free Frisco Bike Fling on June 24
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Gold Run Rush preview (video)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- A world-class cliff-diver’s letter to his younger self
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide