Summit County bike trails: Frisco to Dillon and Keystone
July 17, 2015
BY THE NUMBERS
Distance: Rating: Easy
Time: 1.5 hours
Elevation: 9,025 – 9,250 ft.
Type: Out & back ride, utilizing paved trails and roads
Season: April to November
While the Lake Dillon rec path goes all the way around the lake, on both paved trails and roadways, the section of the ride between Frisco and Dillon makes for a pleasant, moderate ride on its own. The route provides great views of Dillon Reservoir and a scenic ride along the Snake River to Keystone Resort.
Know Before You Go
This route passes through a portion of the Keystone golf course. Please stay on the path and respect areas posted as restricted to bikes. Check out the new paved community pathway between the River Run Golf Course entrance and Summit Cove to access new singletrack trails at the golf course.
The first part of this ride utilizes the description outlined for the Around-The-Lake Loop up to Swan Mountain Road. From there, the path crosses the intersection of Swan Mountain Road at the light and continues east adjacent to Hwy 6 along the Snake River as you enter Keystone. Stay on the trail in sections that pass adjacent to private sites above the river. Once you cross beneath County Road 8 (West Keystone Road), bear right, climb a slight hill and continue until the pathway ends in the Mountain House parking lot. From there, the route alternates between paved pathway and roads. For more information, pick up a copy of Keystone's Trail Map at the Mountain Bike Headquarters in River Run or call (970) 496-3610.
In Frisco parking is available at the marina within public lots adjacent to Main Street. The main Keystone parking lot is along the north side of Hwy 6 across the Hwy from the Keystone Lodge. In Dillon, parking is available at the marina, and along Hwy 9 at the intersection with Tenderfoot Street. (Tenderfoot Trailhead), the Dillon Nature Preserve Trail Head and the Snake River Inlet Parking north of Swan Mountain Road.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line