Summit County Bike Trails: Illinois Creek area
August 21, 2015
Great for a quick trail ride from downtown Breckenridge, the Illinois Creek Trail system provides a number of short loops as well a connection to the Blue River Trail. Located behind the Steven C. West Ice Arena, the trail system is a short ride from Main Street and typically rideable June to October. It includes minimal elevation gain, making it a good warm up for anybody new to the area or just looking to get a short ride in.
Know Before You Go: The Illinois Creek Trail System is located on an area of land just behind the Stephen C. West Ice Arena, off Boreas Pass Road, on the east side of Hwy 9. Maps of this trail system are available from the town of Breckenridge Open Space and Trails Department (970) 547-3155 located at Breckenridge Town Hall or at area bike shops.
Parking: Parking for the Illinois Creek Trail system is available at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena on Boreas Pass Road.
Description: The Illinois Creek Trail System provides a low-level ADA loop around the ice rink along the river bank, which now serves as an interpretive loop and historic park associated with the Rotary snowplow. Although the Illinois Creek Trail System is relatively short, numerous loop opportunities are available throughout it. To add mileage the main loop can link to the Blue River Trail.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit County Ark Sharks win R4 Nationals rafting comp, now headed to 2018 Worlds
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process