Summit County special Olympians win medals
March 4, 2013
The Summit County Special Olympics alpine ski team completed another successful year at the state games held at Copper Mountain on Sunday.
Kelly Faber received two gold medals and Vidal LaRocque received two silver medals on the advanced giant slalom and super G courses.
Among the intermediate skiers, Steven Kennedy received a fourth in his super G race and a silver medal in the giant slalom race.
KC Farmer received silver medals in both giant slalom and super G. Caroline Willis won gold in her super G race and a silver medal in the giant slalom.
Congratulations to all of the athletes and thanks to all the coaches, volunteers and Copper Mountain who help make this a great event for the athletes.
Trending In: Sports
- Taming The Beavers: A-Basin’s Alan Henceroth talks about a landmark expansion
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- Summit Nordic launches GoFundMe campaign for Lake Placid Jr. Championships
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs