Summit County special Olympians win medals
March 4, 2013
The Summit County Special Olympics alpine ski team completed another successful year at the state games held at Copper Mountain on Sunday.
Kelly Faber received two gold medals and Vidal LaRocque received two silver medals on the advanced giant slalom and super G courses.
Among the intermediate skiers, Steven Kennedy received a fourth in his super G race and a silver medal in the giant slalom race.
KC Farmer received silver medals in both giant slalom and super G. Caroline Willis won gold in her super G race and a silver medal in the giant slalom.
Congratulations to all of the athletes and thanks to all the coaches, volunteers and Copper Mountain who help make this a great event for the athletes.
Trending In: Sports
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Future of Frisco Peninsula trail system up for public debate Feb. 23