Summit County special Olympians win medals
March 4, 2013
The Summit County Special Olympics alpine ski team completed another successful year at the state games held at Copper Mountain on Sunday.
Kelly Faber received two gold medals and Vidal LaRocque received two silver medals on the advanced giant slalom and super G courses.
Among the intermediate skiers, Steven Kennedy received a fourth in his super G race and a silver medal in the giant slalom race.
KC Farmer received silver medals in both giant slalom and super G. Caroline Willis won gold in her super G race and a silver medal in the giant slalom.
Congratulations to all of the athletes and thanks to all the coaches, volunteers and Copper Mountain who help make this a great event for the athletes.
Trending In: Sports
- Guide to 2016 opening day terrain and lifts at Keystone, Breck, Copper and Loveland
- Take 5: Two decades on the Appalachian Trail with Summit local Tom Ruetenik
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Lady Tigers stun Battle Mountain volleyball in 4 sets for Senior Night win
- Dear Drewbie: Why juicing is more than a health fad