Summit County’s Keystone Ranch golf course opens for season
Ryan Summerlin June 6, 2014
Golf season is now in full swing across Summit County.
The Keystone Ranch Golf Course opened all 18 holes Friday, May 30. It joined Keystone’s 18-hole River Course, which opened earlier this month, to complete the resort’s 36-hole offering.
Silverthorne’s Raven Golf Club and the 27-hole Jack Nicklaus-designed Breckenridge Golf Club also are up and running for the season. The Copper Creek course at Copper Mountain is scheduled to open June 13.
“It may be some of the best early-season conditions we’ve seen in a while,” Breckenridge pro Erroll Miller said.
Course officials at each of the clubs have said the heavy snowfall this winter insulated their courses, helping greens and fairways to be in better early-season condition than in recent years.
For now, area courses are still charging early-season rates.
Trending In: Sports
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)