Summit County’s Keystone Ranch golf course opens for season
June 6, 2014
Golf season is now in full swing across Summit County.
The Keystone Ranch Golf Course opened all 18 holes Friday, May 30. It joined Keystone's 18-hole River Course, which opened earlier this month, to complete the resort's 36-hole offering.
Silverthorne's Raven Golf Club and the 27-hole Jack Nicklaus-designed Breckenridge Golf Club also are up and running for the season. The Copper Creek course at Copper Mountain is scheduled to open June 13.
"It may be some of the best early-season conditions we've seen in a while," Breckenridge pro Erroll Miller said.
Course officials at each of the clubs have said the heavy snowfall this winter insulated their courses, helping greens and fairways to be in better early-season condition than in recent years.
For now, area courses are still charging early-season rates.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)