Summit Extreme 10U team finishes second at state
July 26, 2014
The Summit Extreme 10U baseball team recently finished second at the USSSA State Championships. Manger Steve Misch's 10U squad won five games in a row to make an unexpected run to the USSSA State Championship game in Lakewood last weekend. The team awarded second-place rings for their accomplishment. Unable to practice outdoors until May, the team put together a strong season in part credited to their new indoor practice facility in Dillon. Twenty five all-star and tournament teams from across the state competed in the USSSA tournament.
After the tournament head coach Steve Misch said, "We had a great group of boys and parents this year. We started practicing in January and this finish is the result of all the hard work the boys put in. It was a great way to end the season and I know we will all remember it for a long time."
Three of the team's five wins in the tournament came by only a run.
The Summit Extreme 9U and 11U teams also put together successful seasons, each qualifying for the state tournament. Both teams won games at the tournament, but lost to the eventual state champion.
The Summit Extreme baseball program operates in the new indoor Summit Baseball Academy in Dillon, and organizes competitive baseball teams that travel in the spring/summer. This year, six tournament baseball teams from age 8 through 14 competed on a regional level. Open tryouts for spring 2015 teams are planned for the end of August, and registration for Sunday double-header fall baseball is now open on the club's website, summitextreme.org
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Dirt, wind and pirates in Frisco at Timberline Cruiser Regatta and free Frisco Bike Fling on June 24
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Eric Mamula’s Breck lunch loop
- Go virtual snow tubing at Keystone Resort on a sunny June afternoon (360 video)
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government