Summit Fat Tire Society to host Frisco Peninsula group ride Friday
June 11, 2014
The Summit Fat Tire Society will kick off the summer mountain biking season this Friday with a free group ride on the Frisco peninsula.
Organizers are encouraging anyone interested in connecting with area riders to join. Bikers will meet at Podium Sports on Main Street in Frisco at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, June 6. After the ride the Fat Tire Society will host an information session and social back at Podium Sports.
The meeting will include updates on upcoming trail work plans and volunteering options as well as an opportunity to join Fat Tire Society, the local chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association.
"Ride with a bunch of people and have fun," Fat Tire vice president Mike Zobbe said, describing the event as an informal gathering. "This is geared toward anybody."
Zobbe said that in addition to finding out about upcoming trail projects and getting out and loosening up for the summer, the event will also be a good opportunity to find out about which area trails are ready to ride.
"This time of year people want to know what's dry. It's a way to exchange information on trail conditions."
He suggested that riders visit the town of Breckenridge website for updated trail news.
Upcoming summer trail work plans will include a work day on the Frisco peninsula Saturday, June 7 — organized by the Friends of Dillon Ranger District — as well two days each on the Colorado Trail and at Ophir Mountain later in the summer.
Social rides are expected to continue throughout the summer with meeting places and trails to be announced.
More information on the Summit Fat Tire Society and area trail conditions is available on the group's Facebook page.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Summit ‘Rugby’ County, USA: Home to the Blue Goose, Renegades and Summit Tigers rugby clubs
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced