Summit High Nordic team finishes among the best in Aspen
February 10, 2013
Saturday’s Summit High School Nordic race in Aspen was a tough one to wax for, head coach Bevan Frost said.
Still, Summit finished first among the boys, topping Middle Park by three points, and took second in the girls’ race to Aspen High School by two points.
“It was sunny and 32 (degrees) when we were putting on kick wax, and then, five minutes later, just as the boys were starting, a snow squall hit, and the temperature dropped eight degrees and the tracks got covered in new snow. It made for some slow skiing,” he said.
Trending In: Sports
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)