Summit High Nordic team finishes among the best in Aspen
February 10, 2013
Saturday’s Summit High School Nordic race in Aspen was a tough one to wax for, head coach Bevan Frost said.
Still, Summit finished first among the boys, topping Middle Park by three points, and took second in the girls’ race to Aspen High School by two points.
“It was sunny and 32 (degrees) when we were putting on kick wax, and then, five minutes later, just as the boys were starting, a snow squall hit, and the temperature dropped eight degrees and the tracks got covered in new snow. It made for some slow skiing,” he said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit hosts regional cross-country meet, finishes one spot out of state qualification
- Mountain Wheels: Lexus’ brave GS-F demonstrates power on a big platform (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- Prep roundup: Senior breaks all-time digs record, football looks to get past tough week, boys soccer wraps up
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- 4 shot near Colorado State University in Fort Collins