Summit High Nordic team finishes among the best in Aspen
February 10, 2013
Saturday’s Summit High School Nordic race in Aspen was a tough one to wax for, head coach Bevan Frost said.
Still, Summit finished first among the boys, topping Middle Park by three points, and took second in the girls’ race to Aspen High School by two points.
“It was sunny and 32 (degrees) when we were putting on kick wax, and then, five minutes later, just as the boys were starting, a snow squall hit, and the temperature dropped eight degrees and the tracks got covered in new snow. It made for some slow skiing,” he said.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- MCL tears are a common ski injury
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen