Summit High Nordic team finishes among the best in Aspen
February 10, 2013
Saturday’s Summit High School Nordic race in Aspen was a tough one to wax for, head coach Bevan Frost said.
Still, Summit finished first among the boys, topping Middle Park by three points, and took second in the girls’ race to Aspen High School by two points.
“It was sunny and 32 (degrees) when we were putting on kick wax, and then, five minutes later, just as the boys were starting, a snow squall hit, and the temperature dropped eight degrees and the tracks got covered in new snow. It made for some slow skiing,” he said.
Trending In: Sports
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- MCL tears are a common ski injury
- 2016-17 season passes for Copper Mountain and Epic Pass ski resorts now on sale at discounted rates
- As skimo booms, Colorado athletes qualify for World Championships in Italy on Feb. 23
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs
- Greeley teen identified as victim of train wreck in Eaton