Summit High Nordic team finishes among the best in Aspen
February 10, 2013
Saturday’s Summit High School Nordic race in Aspen was a tough one to wax for, head coach Bevan Frost said.
Still, Summit finished first among the boys, topping Middle Park by three points, and took second in the girls’ race to Aspen High School by two points.
“It was sunny and 32 (degrees) when we were putting on kick wax, and then, five minutes later, just as the boys were starting, a snow squall hit, and the temperature dropped eight degrees and the tracks got covered in new snow. It made for some slow skiing,” he said.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- MCL tears are a common ski injury
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction