Summit High Nordic team finishes among the best in Aspen
February 10, 2013
Saturday’s Summit High School Nordic race in Aspen was a tough one to wax for, head coach Bevan Frost said.
Still, Summit finished first among the boys, topping Middle Park by three points, and took second in the girls’ race to Aspen High School by two points.
“It was sunny and 32 (degrees) when we were putting on kick wax, and then, five minutes later, just as the boys were starting, a snow squall hit, and the temperature dropped eight degrees and the tracks got covered in new snow. It made for some slow skiing,” he said.
Trending In: Sports
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- Taming The Beavers: A-Basin’s Alan Henceroth talks about a landmark expansion
- Mountain Wheels: All-new Land Rover Discovery seeks SUV-loving families
- Summit Nordic launches GoFundMe campaign for Lake Placid Jr. Championships
- Athlete Q&A: Frisco’s Jim Smith started a snowboard company out of his own garage
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4