Summit High School: Alpine hits Beaver Creek
January 18, 2013
Summit High School’s Sierra Creen came in 17th in the field of 41 finishers at the Beaver Creek race Thursday. Nicole Wagner and Karly Rose came in 10th and 12th, respectively, with two-run combined times of 1 minute, 48.93 seconds and 1:51.45. The girls’ team finished fourth behind Steamboat Springs, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley. The boys had Chris Aden qualify for state in the slalom discipline. He finished in 1:48.55 and 18th place. Ryan Wignall came in seventh overall with a 1:36.38 and Brian Coleman finished 13th in 1:43.69, both of whom already qualified for state in the slalom at Keystone Resort. The boys team was fifth behind Steamboat Springs, Vail Mountain School, Lake County and Battle Mountain.
Trending In: Sports
- Dew Tour Day 1: Harlaut, Sildaru and McMorris dominate the big-air slopestyle jump in a blizzard
- Mountain Wheels: Sophisticated handling and details in the reconfigured Subaru Impreza
- Dew Tour welcomes a new era with friends, family and fresh powder galore
- Slaying the first North American superpipe at the 2016 Rev Tour in Copper Mountain (photos and video)
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Myla Rose Saloon opens in Lodge on the Blue (formerly Skier’s Edge) south of Breckenridge
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend
- Former Summit High coach Dylan Hollingsworth charged with assault