Summit High School sports wrap-up
April 20, 2014
Summit High School sports will head into the home stretch following a spring break hiatus last week. The spring season will resume starting Monday, April 21, with the boys baseball team traveling to Battle Mountain.
Track and Field: The Tigers track team will have the rest of this week off. They return to competition Tuesday, April 29, at Battle Mountain. The team will close the regular season with the Joe Shields Invitational Saturday, May 3, at West Grand High School.
Baseball: The baseball team will resume their season with a game at Battle Mountain on Monday, April 21. The team is currently 1-8.
Girls Lacrosse: With a 1-1 in-conference record and 3-6 record so far this year, the girls lacrosse team will continue their season with a game Wednesday, April 23, at Eagle Valley.
Boys Lacrosse: Boys lacrosse is currently one game below .500 in both in-conference play (3-4) and overall (5-6). They'll resume play with three consecutive home games starting Thursday, April 24, against league opponent Eagle Valley.
Girls Soccer: The team is at 3-8 on the season (2-8 in league). The girls soccer team will return to action Tuesday, April 22, when they host Buena Vista.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Summit ‘Rugby’ County, USA: Home to the Blue Goose, Renegades and Summit Tigers rugby clubs
- Mountain Wheels: Audi’s high-energy SQ5 SUV aims at performance-minded drivers (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?