Summit High soccer rolls Rifle, 3-0
October 3, 2012
Taking down Rifle Tuesday on Farmers Korner home turf, the Summit High School boys’ soccer team didn’t play its prettiest game, but “the guys did what they had to do to win,” head coach Tommy Gogolen said.
The final score was 3-0, but Gogolen had hoped it would be higher.
“I hoped they’d dominate a little more, especially toward the end of the season,” he said. “I want them to continue to play on a high level.”
Several players sat for the game, including center midfielder Max Ortiz and sweeper Connor Hebert, who played a mere five minutes.
“It was a good game to give the guys a rest and play some non-starters,” Gogolen said, explaining that today’s match against Eagle Valley will be a tough one.
“They’ll be looking for a hard-fought game,” the coach said. “They’re not an easy team.”
Seniors Alan Roque and Evan Feldman each had a goal in Tuesday’s game, assisted by each other. Sophomore Greg Spaulding had the third goal after showing up to the varsity game ready and eager to play.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska
- Spring ice fishing on the honey holes of Lake Dillon
- From gear to technique, snowshoeing is more than just a walk in the snow
- Mountain Wheels: Chinese Buicks and Hemingway’s grave: An unusual weekend in Sun Valley