Summit retailers gear up for bike sale & silent auction at Frisco Adventure Park
May 18, 2013
Second annual bike-swap
Check out the second annual Frisco Bike Swap, put on by Summit Velo, at the Frisco Adventure Park, this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event will include a used bike sale and a retailer- and manufacturer-sponsored silent auction.
Those interested in selling a bike or spare bicycle parts can drop off their gear today between 4 and 6 p.m. All types of bikes, parts and accessories are welcome. Participants can set up a table to sell their gear themselves or have bike swap organizers sell it for them. Area retailers including Podium, Avalanche and Feedback Sports are expected to be on hand with gear. Biking industry companies, including Santa Cruz, Fox and Shimano, as well as area retailers are helping sponsor the event. Proceeds benefit the Summit Velo, an area non-profit cycling organization.
Summit Velo organizer Fred Newcomer said the event was a success last year, and he's hoping for an even bigger turnout this year.
The Adventure Park bike course will be open as well as park concessions. For more information visit Summit Velo on Facebook.
— Sebastian Foltz
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Colorado Escapist: A Summit County summer survival guide for kids and parents
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: X10U8 trail (video)
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)