Summit retailers gear up for bike sale & silent auction at Frisco Adventure Park
May 18, 2013
Second annual bike-swap
Check out the second annual Frisco Bike Swap, put on by Summit Velo, at the Frisco Adventure Park, this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event will include a used bike sale and a retailer- and manufacturer-sponsored silent auction.
Those interested in selling a bike or spare bicycle parts can drop off their gear today between 4 and 6 p.m. All types of bikes, parts and accessories are welcome. Participants can set up a table to sell their gear themselves or have bike swap organizers sell it for them. Area retailers including Podium, Avalanche and Feedback Sports are expected to be on hand with gear. Biking industry companies, including Santa Cruz, Fox and Shimano, as well as area retailers are helping sponsor the event. Proceeds benefit the Summit Velo, an area non-profit cycling organization.
Summit Velo organizer Fred Newcomer said the event was a success last year, and he's hoping for an even bigger turnout this year.
The Adventure Park bike course will be open as well as park concessions. For more information visit Summit Velo on Facebook.
— Sebastian Foltz
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access