Summit rugby crushes Castle Rock
October 16, 2012
The Summit High rugby team topped Castle Rock in a 44-0 rout Saturday. Maddy Hunt-Snyder scored four tries to tie for second place in the all-time scoring list, while Morgan Courtney tallied one try and two conversions. Chelsea Christianson, Nicole Chandler and Lily Weldon had a try each.
Head coach Karl Barth said the front row of Katy Peoples, Rachael Fitch and Bailey Thompson set the physical tone for the game.
The team plays Regis Jesuit for the No. 1 seed at the state championship today at 4:30 at Tiger Stadium.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen