Summit rugby crushes Castle Rock
October 16, 2012
The Summit High rugby team topped Castle Rock in a 44-0 rout Saturday. Maddy Hunt-Snyder scored four tries to tie for second place in the all-time scoring list, while Morgan Courtney tallied one try and two conversions. Chelsea Christianson, Nicole Chandler and Lily Weldon had a try each.
Head coach Karl Barth said the front row of Katy Peoples, Rachael Fitch and Bailey Thompson set the physical tone for the game.
The team plays Regis Jesuit for the No. 1 seed at the state championship today at 4:30 at Tiger Stadium.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases