Summit senior Sam Buer commits to McPherson College volleyball
February 15, 2017
Sam Buer is playing ball in Kansas next fall.
In early February, the senior starter for Summit High School volleyball signed with small McPherson College of McPherson, Kansas, for the upcoming collegiate season. She'll play for the McPherson Bulldogs in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference, one of 21 conferences in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics system (separate from the NCAA).
In her senior season, Buer was a consistent scoring threat for the Tigers (10-14 overall, 5-7 in the 4A Western Slope) and known for big, powerful hits from the center. Even when her kills sailed over the backline, opposing teams and coaches tried their best — and often failed — to contain her attack. She played in 56 sets and recorded 162 kills, second only to sophomore AnnaMarie Dodson (214 kills), and ended the season with an above-average hitting percentage of .128. She also recorded 12 solo blocks, 26 team person blocks and 13 assists.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit County Ark Sharks win R4 Nationals rafting comp, now headed to 2018 Worlds
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line