Summit senior Sam Buer commits to McPherson College volleyball
February 15, 2017
Sam Buer is playing ball in Kansas next fall.
In early February, the senior starter for Summit High School volleyball signed with small McPherson College of McPherson, Kansas, for the upcoming collegiate season. She'll play for the McPherson Bulldogs in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference, one of 21 conferences in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics system (separate from the NCAA).
In her senior season, Buer was a consistent scoring threat for the Tigers (10-14 overall, 5-7 in the 4A Western Slope) and known for big, powerful hits from the center. Even when her kills sailed over the backline, opposing teams and coaches tried their best — and often failed — to contain her attack. She played in 56 sets and recorded 162 kills, second only to sophomore AnnaMarie Dodson (214 kills), and ended the season with an above-average hitting percentage of .128. She also recorded 12 solo blocks, 26 team person blocks and 13 assists.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says