Summit swim and dive team hosts Lady Tiger Invite
January 19, 2014
The Summit High School girls swim and dive team headed into the homestretch of their season Saturday hosting their annual Lady Tiger Invite. Summit had some strong individual performances and came away with a fourth-place finish of seven teams participating in the meet.
"I was really happy with how the girls did," Tiger head coach Jenny Wischmeyer said of her team. "A lot of girls had some breakthrough swims."
The loud home crowd, however, didn't seem to phase St. Mary's Academy as they took top honors in the meet with 130 points. Gunnison and Salida high schools fought for second scoring 74 and 72 respectively. The lady Tigers topped Palisade/Central and Platte Canyon high schools with 37 points.
Summit senior Tessa Gunnin led the way for the team with a second place (160.8) finish in diving, behind St. Mary's Alexa Beckwith (218.95). Fellow senior Christina Montgomery had a strong showing in the 100-yard butterfly. She managed to finish in third place in 1 minute 24.46 seconds, behind Gunnison's Kiley Lefebvre (1:17.97) and St. Mary's Kat Harhai (1:14.76). Senior Megan Hogfeldt finished the day with two top-five performances in freestyle. She finished fourth in the 50 in 28.13 seconds, just a little over a second behind top finisher Kori Davis of Salida (27.34). Hogfeldt also finished fifth in the 100 in 1:04.29.
Senior Caitlin Lorch tallied fifth place finishes in both the 200- and 500-yard freestyle. Summit's relay teams also managed fourth and fifth place finishes in the 400 and 200 freestyle relays. The Tigers 200-yard medley relay teams were disqualified.
The Tiger girls will head to Moffat County Friday for a four-school meet, before closing the regular season at home against Conifer Jan. 29.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit hosts regional cross-country meet, finishes one spot out of state qualification
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Mountain Wheels: Lexus’ brave GS-F demonstrates power on a big platform (review)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- 4 shot near Colorado State University in Fort Collins