Summit Trail Running Series resumes with Horseshoe Gulch 6k and 14k
July 22, 2013
The Summit Trail Running Series (STRS) resumes today with the Horseshoe Gulch 6 and 14k. This will be the third race in the six race series.
Both courses start and finish at the Tiger Dredge parking lot and incorporate portions of the Horseshoe Gulch and Colorado Trails.
Registration is ongoing until before the race. Day-of runners can register at the Tiger Dredge parking lot on Tiger Road outside of Breckenridge. Day-of registration starts at 4:45 p.m. Races start at 5:45 p.m.
Organizers are encouraging carpooling as parking is limited. They also remind competitors that there are no aid stations on the courses.
It is a cup-free event. Runners should bring their own water bottles.
With the forecast, be prepared to run in wet conditions. Lightening will be the only reason to cancel the race.
The after-race-party will be at Ullr’s Sports Bar in Breckenridge. Runners will get a free 10-minute massage and a Coors Light.
More information is available at http://www.townofbreckenridge.com
Trending In: Sports
- Dew Tour pros talk team rivalries before the new, improved tour Dec. 8-11
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast
- Summit County resorts embrace the complete ski and snowboard lesson experience
- Mark McMorris, Gus Kenworthy, Jamie Anderson and more confirmed for Dew Tour Dec. 8-11