Summit Trail Running Series resumes with Horseshoe Gulch 6k and 14k
July 22, 2013
The Summit Trail Running Series (STRS) resumes today with the Horseshoe Gulch 6 and 14k. This will be the third race in the six race series.
Both courses start and finish at the Tiger Dredge parking lot and incorporate portions of the Horseshoe Gulch and Colorado Trails.
Registration is ongoing until before the race. Day-of runners can register at the Tiger Dredge parking lot on Tiger Road outside of Breckenridge. Day-of registration starts at 4:45 p.m. Races start at 5:45 p.m.
Organizers are encouraging carpooling as parking is limited. They also remind competitors that there are no aid stations on the courses.
It is a cup-free event. Runners should bring their own water bottles.
With the forecast, be prepared to run in wet conditions. Lightening will be the only reason to cancel the race.
The after-race-party will be at Ullr's Sports Bar in Breckenridge. Runners will get a free 10-minute massage and a Coors Light.
More information is available at http://www.townofbreckenridge.com
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Fourth of July weekend brings freedom from the ordinary with racing, fishing derbies for whole family
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Results from 2017 Gold Run Rush, Keystone BME and Breck MTN Enduro
- Gallery: Tail-tap the sky at the Frisco Bike Park summer jump jam (photos)
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)