Summit Trail Running Series resumes with Horseshoe Gulch 6k and 14k
July 22, 2013
The Summit Trail Running Series (STRS) resumes today with the Horseshoe Gulch 6 and 14k. This will be the third race in the six race series.
Both courses start and finish at the Tiger Dredge parking lot and incorporate portions of the Horseshoe Gulch and Colorado Trails.
Registration is ongoing until before the race. Day-of runners can register at the Tiger Dredge parking lot on Tiger Road outside of Breckenridge. Day-of registration starts at 4:45 p.m. Races start at 5:45 p.m.
Organizers are encouraging carpooling as parking is limited. They also remind competitors that there are no aid stations on the courses.
It is a cup-free event. Runners should bring their own water bottles.
With the forecast, be prepared to run in wet conditions. Lightening will be the only reason to cancel the race.
The after-race-party will be at Ullr's Sports Bar in Breckenridge. Runners will get a free 10-minute massage and a Coors Light.
More information is available at http://www.townofbreckenridge.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update