Summit Youth Football: VICTORY AGAIN!
October 4, 2012
Summit Snow Tigers’ head coach Justin Hildebrand orchestrated another shutout victory, 18-0, this time over the Middle Park Panthers on the morning of Sept. 29 in Granby. Hildebrand attributes the victory to a week of tough practicing and execution of the game plan by the whole team. The best play of the game was the last play of the first half: On second-down-and-eight, running back Koa Rashidi completed a pass play for 45 yards. It was caught by wide receiver Cameron Kalaf for the second touchdown of the game. This season, the fourth- and fifth-grade Summit Snow Tigers (3-0) have outscored their opponents 84 points while holding opponents to only 6 points. The second- and third-grade team didn’t win their Saturday game, but the score showed they didn’t let down, finishing with a 27-20 score. Both teams play at Summit Middle School on Saturday against the Kremmling Stallions at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Hildebrand expects momentum heading into Saturday’s final games.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Jog and chow at Fit Foodie Festival in Denver this July
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access