Summit Youth Football: VICTORY AGAIN!
Ryan Summerlin October 4, 2012
Summit Snow Tigers’ head coach Justin Hildebrand orchestrated another shutout victory, 18-0, this time over the Middle Park Panthers on the morning of Sept. 29 in Granby. Hildebrand attributes the victory to a week of tough practicing and execution of the game plan by the whole team. The best play of the game was the last play of the first half: On second-down-and-eight, running back Koa Rashidi completed a pass play for 45 yards. It was caught by wide receiver Cameron Kalaf for the second touchdown of the game. This season, the fourth- and fifth-grade Summit Snow Tigers (3-0) have outscored their opponents 84 points while holding opponents to only 6 points. The second- and third-grade team didn’t win their Saturday game, but the score showed they didn’t let down, finishing with a 27-20 score. Both teams play at Summit Middle School on Saturday against the Kremmling Stallions at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Hildebrand expects momentum heading into Saturday’s final games.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Big Fat Tire: A mountain bike wish list for Summit County
- Copper hosts free premiere of new Travis Rice film ‘The Fourth Phase’ on Oct. 2
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide