Team Breck spring fundraiser Sunday
April 17, 2012
Team Breckenridge Sports Club is hosting an end-of-the-season four-course wine-pairing dinner and party at the Blue River Bistro to benefit its youth programs, which include alpine ski racing, moguls, freeride and snowboarding.
The event takes place Sunday at
5 p.m. in Breckenridge. The dinner is unique because of its special menu featuring Breckenridge Distillery Bourbon as the “secret” ingredient in each of the courses created by chef Foy of the Bistro. The evening starts with champagne and a silent auction.
From one day per week, to year-round training, the team’s elite coaches and staff are committed to helping each athlete reach their potential in their chosen discipline. Programs are designed to instill an athletic way of life, matched with personal responsibility in every area of preparation and competition.
This season, TBK celebrates top placement for local athletes in each of the competitive disciplines. Some notable athletic accomplishments include 17-year-old Emilia Wint being named to the U.S. Ski Team. Wint is a Dew Tour medalist and one of the top-five slopestyle competitors in the world.
Mogul skier Dylan Walczyk won the Nor-Am tour and was also named to the U.S. Ski Team.
The dinner costs $100 per person, and limited seating is available. Tickets include champagne, a four-course wine-paired dinner and gratuity. The silent auction features items such as a Maui vacation home rental, Grand Junction weekend home rental, Rockies tickets with Denver condo and more.
The after-party will feature a DJ and drink specials, including $5 Breckenridge Distillery cocktails, $3 Sierra Nevada drafts and door prizes.
Sponsors of the fundraiser include Blue River Bistro, Breckenridge Distillery, Sierra Nevada, Slifer Smith and Frampton Real Estate and KSMT The Mountain. For more information, visit http://www.teambrecksportsclub.com.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Go virtual snow tubing at Keystone Resort on a sunny June afternoon (360 video)
- Mountain Wheels: Volvo’s revised XC60 SUV amps up the speed, safety (review)
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Mountain Soul: From the Breck Epic to Keystone Strider races, Breck is a bike mecca
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Mountain Town News: Jackson mayor takes down picture of Trump
- Steep push, stunning views on the Lenawee Trail outside Keystone