Team Breck spring fundraiser Sunday
April 17, 2012
Team Breckenridge Sports Club is hosting an end-of-the-season four-course wine-pairing dinner and party at the Blue River Bistro to benefit its youth programs, which include alpine ski racing, moguls, freeride and snowboarding.
The event takes place Sunday at
5 p.m. in Breckenridge. The dinner is unique because of its special menu featuring Breckenridge Distillery Bourbon as the “secret” ingredient in each of the courses created by chef Foy of the Bistro. The evening starts with champagne and a silent auction.
From one day per week, to year-round training, the team’s elite coaches and staff are committed to helping each athlete reach their potential in their chosen discipline. Programs are designed to instill an athletic way of life, matched with personal responsibility in every area of preparation and competition.
This season, TBK celebrates top placement for local athletes in each of the competitive disciplines. Some notable athletic accomplishments include 17-year-old Emilia Wint being named to the U.S. Ski Team. Wint is a Dew Tour medalist and one of the top-five slopestyle competitors in the world.
Mogul skier Dylan Walczyk won the Nor-Am tour and was also named to the U.S. Ski Team.
The dinner costs $100 per person, and limited seating is available. Tickets include champagne, a four-course wine-paired dinner and gratuity. The silent auction features items such as a Maui vacation home rental, Grand Junction weekend home rental, Rockies tickets with Denver condo and more.
The after-party will feature a DJ and drink specials, including $5 Breckenridge Distillery cocktails, $3 Sierra Nevada drafts and door prizes.
Sponsors of the fundraiser include Blue River Bistro, Breckenridge Distillery, Sierra Nevada, Slifer Smith and Frampton Real Estate and KSMT The Mountain. For more information, visit http://www.teambrecksportsclub.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Slaying the first North American superpipe at the 2016 Rev Tour in Copper Mountain (photos and video)
- Summit’s Hanna Markel makes D-1 women’s hockey debut with University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Dew Tour Day 1: Harlaut, Sildaru and McMorris dominate the big-air slopestyle jump in a blizzard
- Dew Tour welcomes a new era with friends, family and fresh powder galore
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend