Walczyk, Matthews in W.C. Top 10 in moguls
March 15, 2013
ARE, Sweden – Heather McPhie of the United States and Alex Bilodeau of Canada won freestyle World Cup moguls events Friday at Are, Sweden.
McPhie won the final with 24.48 points. American teammate Eliza Outtrim was second with 24.29 points and Yulia Galysheva of Kazakstan was third.
World champion Hannah Kearney was 14th, allowing Justine Dufour-Lapointe of Canada to overtake the defending champion with 555 points in the moguls standings. Kearney has 531 points and McPhie has 517.
Mikaela Matthews, of Frisco, finished ninth in the event. She is currently 10th in the overall World Cup standings, with two events left to go.
Bilodeau won the men’s race with 26.24 points. Patrick Deneen of the United States was second with 25.13 points and World Cup leader Mikael Kingsbury of Canada was third.
Kingsbury leads the moguls standings with 810 points, followed by Bilodeau with 693.
Dylan Walczyk, of Dillon, is ninth in the overall World Cup standings after finishing fourth at Are.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Gold Run Rush preview (video)
- A world-class cliff-diver’s letter to his younger self
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Results from the 2017 Morning Thunder trail race, plus Summit Titans win hoops tourney
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide