Walczyk, Matthews in W.C. Top 10 in moguls
March 15, 2013
ARE, Sweden – Heather McPhie of the United States and Alex Bilodeau of Canada won freestyle World Cup moguls events Friday at Are, Sweden.
McPhie won the final with 24.48 points. American teammate Eliza Outtrim was second with 24.29 points and Yulia Galysheva of Kazakstan was third.
World champion Hannah Kearney was 14th, allowing Justine Dufour-Lapointe of Canada to overtake the defending champion with 555 points in the moguls standings. Kearney has 531 points and McPhie has 517.
Mikaela Matthews, of Frisco, finished ninth in the event. She is currently 10th in the overall World Cup standings, with two events left to go.
Bilodeau won the men’s race with 26.24 points. Patrick Deneen of the United States was second with 25.13 points and World Cup leader Mikael Kingsbury of Canada was third.
Kingsbury leads the moguls standings with 810 points, followed by Bilodeau with 693.
Dylan Walczyk, of Dillon, is ninth in the overall World Cup standings after finishing fourth at Are.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access