Walczyk, Matthews in W.C. Top 10 in moguls
March 15, 2013
ARE, Sweden – Heather McPhie of the United States and Alex Bilodeau of Canada won freestyle World Cup moguls events Friday at Are, Sweden.
McPhie won the final with 24.48 points. American teammate Eliza Outtrim was second with 24.29 points and Yulia Galysheva of Kazakstan was third.
World champion Hannah Kearney was 14th, allowing Justine Dufour-Lapointe of Canada to overtake the defending champion with 555 points in the moguls standings. Kearney has 531 points and McPhie has 517.
Mikaela Matthews, of Frisco, finished ninth in the event. She is currently 10th in the overall World Cup standings, with two events left to go.
Bilodeau won the men’s race with 26.24 points. Patrick Deneen of the United States was second with 25.13 points and World Cup leader Mikael Kingsbury of Canada was third.
Kingsbury leads the moguls standings with 810 points, followed by Bilodeau with 693.
Dylan Walczyk, of Dillon, is ninth in the overall World Cup standings after finishing fourth at Are.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases