Winning Broncos assistants become popular
January 3, 2013
ENGLEWOOD – Welcome to the Denver Broncos 2013 job fair. Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interviews for vacant head-coaching jobs set up all weekend. If a few things fall a certain way, defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio could be next up on a few teams’ lists. Such is life as an assistant coach of a winning team when there are plenty of losing teams out there looking for a turnaround. Executives from up to four teams – Cardinals, Bills, Eagles and Bears – could be traveling to Denver to visit with McCoy over the weekend for what will essentially be a get-to-know-you interview for both the coach and the interested suitors. McCoy has become as coveted an interview as there is since “Black Monday,” the day seven NFL teams fired their coaches.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access