Winning Broncos assistants become popular
January 3, 2013
ENGLEWOOD – Welcome to the Denver Broncos 2013 job fair. Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interviews for vacant head-coaching jobs set up all weekend. If a few things fall a certain way, defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio could be next up on a few teams’ lists. Such is life as an assistant coach of a winning team when there are plenty of losing teams out there looking for a turnaround. Executives from up to four teams – Cardinals, Bills, Eagles and Bears – could be traveling to Denver to visit with McCoy over the weekend for what will essentially be a get-to-know-you interview for both the coach and the interested suitors. McCoy has become as coveted an interview as there is since “Black Monday,” the day seven NFL teams fired their coaches.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Go virtual snow tubing at Keystone Resort on a sunny June afternoon (360 video)
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Mountain Wheels: Volvo’s revised XC60 SUV amps up the speed, safety (review)
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation