Winter Park hosts biggest enduro mountain bike race in U.S. history
July 29, 2013
WINTER PARK — Enduro mountain bike racing is a world of contrasts.
The heaviest hitters in mountain biking — read: world champion Euros — line up with local aspirants. Cross country riders ditch the Lycra for body armor and full-face helmets. Downhill riders pant and heave through finish lines after sustained pedaling.
"It's such a cool mix to see the fittest gravity guys mixing it up with cross country guys who are good trail riders," said Boulder's Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski, a longtime national champion cross country rider who this year dedicated himself to the nascent but exploding enduro race scene.
Read more: Winter Park hosts biggest enduro mountain bike race in U.S. history – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_23749095/winter-park-hosts-biggest-enduro-mountain-bike-race#ixzz2aStZJnV0
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)