Winter Park hosts biggest enduro mountain bike race in U.S. history
July 29, 2013
WINTER PARK — Enduro mountain bike racing is a world of contrasts.
The heaviest hitters in mountain biking — read: world champion Euros — line up with local aspirants. Cross country riders ditch the Lycra for body armor and full-face helmets. Downhill riders pant and heave through finish lines after sustained pedaling.
"It's such a cool mix to see the fittest gravity guys mixing it up with cross country guys who are good trail riders," said Boulder's Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski, a longtime national champion cross country rider who this year dedicated himself to the nascent but exploding enduro race scene.
Read more: Winter Park hosts biggest enduro mountain bike race in U.S. history – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_23749095/winter-park-hosts-biggest-enduro-mountain-bike-race#ixzz2aStZJnV0
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit Extreme Black Diamonds go 0-6 in week 3
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say