Winter Park hosts biggest enduro mountain bike race in U.S. history
Ryan Summerlin July 29, 2013
WINTER PARK — Enduro mountain bike racing is a world of contrasts.
The heaviest hitters in mountain biking — read: world champion Euros — line up with local aspirants. Cross country riders ditch the Lycra for body armor and full-face helmets. Downhill riders pant and heave through finish lines after sustained pedaling.
“It’s such a cool mix to see the fittest gravity guys mixing it up with cross country guys who are good trail riders,” said Boulder’s Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski, a longtime national champion cross country rider who this year dedicated himself to the nascent but exploding enduro race scene.
Read more: Winter Park hosts biggest enduro mountain bike race in U.S. history – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_23749095/winter-park-hosts-biggest-enduro-mountain-bike-race#ixzz2aStZJnV0
Trending In: Sports
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)