Winter X Games: Bobby Brown falls short in Saturday’s big air
January 27, 2013
Amidst heavy snowfall, skiers took to the air on the 70-plus foot jump built for the big air competition at the Winter X Games in Aspen Saturday night.
While all eyes were on local Bobby Brown, who took to the snow recently following ankle surgery, Swede Henrik Harlaut took the spotlight, putting down consistent runs that never seemed to falter.
The 21-year-old mastered the competition, landing an unprecedented nose butter triple cork 1620 for a perfect 50-point score. The crowd looked on in jaw-dropped awe.
According to ESPN, Harlaut hadn’t tried to trick before Saturday. He finished with 97 points on the night.
Meanwhile, Brown sought to reclaim his gold, but fell on the majority of his runs, landing a fourth-place finish (86.00) to runner-up Kai Mahler (91.00) and third-place finisher Elias Ambuhl (89.00), both of Switzerland.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- On St. Patty’s Day, tradition runs strong with Vail’s Ravinos
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Anatomy of an ACL injury, from Grade I to Grade III
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breathalyzer fraud allegations could derail Summit County DUI cases
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community