World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin takes third
January 29, 2013
MOSCOW – Austria’s Marcel Hirscher and Germany’s Lena Duerr won World Cup parallel slaloms Tuesday on a giant ramp in downtown Moscow.
Hirscher, the World Cup overall and slalom leader, edged Andre Myhrer of Sweden by 0.16 seconds in the final men’s run for his fifth victory this season. Ivica Kostelic of Croatia was third.
Duerr beat Veronica Velez Zuzulova for her first victory this season. Third place went to World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States.
Women’s overall leader Tina Maze of Slovenia, who won Sunday’s slalom in Maribor, was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
The winners earned 100 points each in the slalom and overall standings.
It was the second city event this season, after Munich on Jan. 1.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit’s Hanna Markel makes D-1 women’s hockey debut with University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Slaying the first North American superpipe at the 2016 Rev Tour in Copper Mountain (photos and video)
- U.S. Revolution Tour returns to Copper with slate of national, international halfpipe hopefuls
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate