World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin takes third
January 29, 2013
MOSCOW – Austria’s Marcel Hirscher and Germany’s Lena Duerr won World Cup parallel slaloms Tuesday on a giant ramp in downtown Moscow.
Hirscher, the World Cup overall and slalom leader, edged Andre Myhrer of Sweden by 0.16 seconds in the final men’s run for his fifth victory this season. Ivica Kostelic of Croatia was third.
Duerr beat Veronica Velez Zuzulova for her first victory this season. Third place went to World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States.
Women’s overall leader Tina Maze of Slovenia, who won Sunday’s slalom in Maribor, was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
The winners earned 100 points each in the slalom and overall standings.
It was the second city event this season, after Munich on Jan. 1.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit County Ark Sharks win R4 Nationals rafting comp, now headed to 2018 Worlds
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars