World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin takes third
January 29, 2013
MOSCOW – Austria’s Marcel Hirscher and Germany’s Lena Duerr won World Cup parallel slaloms Tuesday on a giant ramp in downtown Moscow.
Hirscher, the World Cup overall and slalom leader, edged Andre Myhrer of Sweden by 0.16 seconds in the final men’s run for his fifth victory this season. Ivica Kostelic of Croatia was third.
Duerr beat Veronica Velez Zuzulova for her first victory this season. Third place went to World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States.
Women’s overall leader Tina Maze of Slovenia, who won Sunday’s slalom in Maribor, was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
The winners earned 100 points each in the slalom and overall standings.
It was the second city event this season, after Munich on Jan. 1.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen