World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin takes third
January 29, 2013
MOSCOW – Austria’s Marcel Hirscher and Germany’s Lena Duerr won World Cup parallel slaloms Tuesday on a giant ramp in downtown Moscow.
Hirscher, the World Cup overall and slalom leader, edged Andre Myhrer of Sweden by 0.16 seconds in the final men’s run for his fifth victory this season. Ivica Kostelic of Croatia was third.
Duerr beat Veronica Velez Zuzulova for her first victory this season. Third place went to World Cup slalom leader Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States.
Women’s overall leader Tina Maze of Slovenia, who won Sunday’s slalom in Maribor, was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
The winners earned 100 points each in the slalom and overall standings.
It was the second city event this season, after Munich on Jan. 1.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska
- Dear Drewbie: Your feelings are what you eat (seriously) when it comes to mood and food
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Summit Youth Hockey sends 3 girls to USA Hockey National Championship Tourney