Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Ticker
- New running store coming to Breckenridge
- Marijuana in the mountains, Part 2: With Colorado pot rules mostly written, uncertainty still looms
- Tiki trailer coming to Dillon Marina
- 100-year-old Elsa Bailey hangs up her ski boots
- Jeremy Black, CEO of YodaCom, manages the mobile revolution from Silverthorne