Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Opinion
- Littwin: In Colorado, we call an unforced error a Beauprez
- Biff America: A fall from (lack of) grace
- Costanza: Marijuana mania mars Breckenridge’s family friendly image
- Young: Security! Security! Brown skin alert
- Ackland: Secrecy never went away at Rocky Flats