Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Opinion
- $350K grant aims to make Summit Cove bike, pedestrian friendly
- Summit High recognizes top-5 scholars as graduation nears
- Endless adventure mountain biking from Telluride to Moab on multi-day hut trip
- Colorado's news roundup: Independence Pass to open this week (05.23.16)
- Dear Drewbie: Drew and Molly Mikita in Nepal for the Everest Marathon May 29