Editor’s note: The Summit Daily is no longer making a Scene, but we’ll live
June 18, 2013
On Friday, you'll notice that the Summit Daily News no longer produces a weekly arts and entertainment section called Summit Scene. Rest in peace, Summit Scene.
But fear not, reader. Today, you'll see a new daily section of the paper called Summit Life. Instead of publishing only one section each week on arts and entertainment, food and drink, recreation and relaxation, we're now going to report on those topics on a daily basis. On Wednesday, you can read about arts, culture and travel, as well as home and garden. On Thursday, our focus will turn to food and drink (look for our weekly beer column, Powder Keg, there). On Friday, we'll focus on upcoming weekend events, including live music. Saturday's section will help families navigate the state's great outdoors, and Sunday's Summit Life will feature our gear guide.
The section is in beta, as they say in the tech industry, and it will change. But in the end, our mission will remain the same: To give you, the reader, the content you want, when you want it.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Columns
- Mountain Law: Is it against the law in Colorado to leave a child unattended in a motor vehicle?
- Mountain Law: What is a ‘Rule 408’ discussion? (column)
- Holen: Mountain bikes on the Colorado Trail leave something to be desired (column)
- Liddick: Castro and the bloody failure of Communism (column)
- Life on the Summit: Hey, Spike! is pulling for Army Ranger
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)
- Colorado couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep