Benson: Huts and hypocrisy
April 21, 2014
The county railroaded a family into selling off their land at the end of an old road with a cabin on it because the they do not not want them using an ATV to access it. Might harm the environment they said.
Well I know of a cabin that is in the plans to be built at the end of a dirt road, where there is currently no development at all. The people are going to use an ATV to build it and keep it stocked.
It is called the Weber Hut. My question to the county is, how is the Weber Hut any less damaging to the environment than the cabin that couple had on their land?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Readers reject Morgan Liddick’s appraisal of Castro
- Summit Daily letters: Recycling take-aways and Frisco history on the move
- Summit Daily letters: Telling the full story of the recycling issue
- Summit Daily letters: Breckenridge traffic snarls caused by pedestrians
- Summit Daily letters: School district thanks voters and recycling gets real