Benson: Huts and hypocrisy
Ryan Summerlin April 21, 2014
The county railroaded a family into selling off their land at the end of an old road with a cabin on it because the they do not not want them using an ATV to access it. Might harm the environment they said.
Well I know of a cabin that is in the plans to be built at the end of a dirt road, where there is currently no development at all. The people are going to use an ATV to build it and keep it stocked.
It is called the Weber Hut. My question to the county is, how is the Weber Hut any less damaging to the environment than the cabin that couple had on their land?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: The side effects of ColoradoCare
- Summit Daily letters: Vote no on physician-assisted suicide in Colorado
- Summit Daily letters: Give hunters their due respect in the wilderness
- Summit Daily letters: A case against Summit County shut-downs
- Summit Daily letters: Summit County pediatrician supports ColoradoCare
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Bystanders testify to Bostic’s death in Frisco murder case