Benson: Huts and hypocrisy
April 21, 2014
The county railroaded a family into selling off their land at the end of an old road with a cabin on it because the they do not not want them using an ATV to access it. Might harm the environment they said.
Well I know of a cabin that is in the plans to be built at the end of a dirt road, where there is currently no development at all. The people are going to use an ATV to build it and keep it stocked.
It is called the Weber Hut. My question to the county is, how is the Weber Hut any less damaging to the environment than the cabin that couple had on their land?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line