Bird: Up in arms over Obama attack
June 3, 2013
Up in arms over Obama attack
Re: David Hudson's May 11 letter
Please refrain from coming to Summit County and spend your time in places more conducive to your ideology like Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Georgia et al. We do not want to read your party's lies, obfuscations and utter distortions.
We in Summit County enjoy a great life — no daily hit and runs, no daily murders by guns and a negligible crime rate. Yes, we voted for Obama and are praying to whomever we worship that Romney and his followers of hate and discrimination are left leaderless.
I generally laugh hysterically at you and yours but your party's attempts at discriminating against certain voters of age, color, sex and sexual orientation have me, shall we say, sick of your kind. I, and many more, fought for our country and have bled and died for our freedoms to vote. Your party's efforts to discriminate against women, gays, peoples of color and the poor are utterly sickening, but that's your ideology apparently.
W. Gerald Bird Jr., Dillon
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: With flow control comes rising costs for trash hauling
- Summit Daily letters: Fat bike feuds and continued carnage on the ski slopes
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Summit Daily letters: Abandoned dog poop is pollution
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen