Collins: A positive experience at Summit Medical Center
August 20, 2013
Positive Summit Medical experience
This letter is in response to the article of Aug. 14, 2013, "Summit Medical Center ranks last among Colo. Hospitals for post-surgery complications":
While the article was accurate, in the report the assumptions were inaccurate. Longer than Medicare allowed stay does not indicate post-surgical complications.
I am one of the 150 Medicare patients cited in the article and had a total right-knee replacement. In addition I am an RN, live in Monrovia, Ind., and saw Dr. Richard B. Cunningham of Vail-Summit Orthopaedics, who performed the surgery. I was extremely pleased with my care at Summit Medical Center and with that of my physician. In fact, I am presently reading the article here in Frisco as I have returned to see Dr. Cunningham and will return for my left knee surgery.
In reading the article I was a bit saddened by the fact that its title was slanted to the negative, appeared on the front page and that the clarification from Paul Chodkowski, president and CEO, was on page 23. I believe when such disparaging information is obtained regarding a community anchor such as Summit Medical Center, courtesy dictates a more positive and thorough investigation before publishing.
Sue Ellen Collins
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Breckenridge unveils new Alpine Camp at Epic Discovery fun park