Collins: A positive experience at Summit Medical Center
August 20, 2013
Positive Summit Medical experience
This letter is in response to the article of Aug. 14, 2013, “Summit Medical Center ranks last among Colo. Hospitals for post-surgery complications”:
While the article was accurate, in the report the assumptions were inaccurate. Longer than Medicare allowed stay does not indicate post-surgical complications.
I am one of the 150 Medicare patients cited in the article and had a total right-knee replacement. In addition I am an RN, live in Monrovia, Ind., and saw Dr. Richard B. Cunningham of Vail-Summit Orthopaedics, who performed the surgery. I was extremely pleased with my care at Summit Medical Center and with that of my physician. In fact, I am presently reading the article here in Frisco as I have returned to see Dr. Cunningham and will return for my left knee surgery.
In reading the article I was a bit saddened by the fact that its title was slanted to the negative, appeared on the front page and that the clarification from Paul Chodkowski, president and CEO, was on page 23. I believe when such disparaging information is obtained regarding a community anchor such as Summit Medical Center, courtesy dictates a more positive and thorough investigation before publishing.
Sue Ellen Collins
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Breckenridge parking, recycling fixes and altitude adjustments
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Summit Daily letters: Readers reject Morgan Liddick’s appraisal of Castro
- Summit Daily letters: Telling the full story of the recycling issue
- Summit Daily letters: Recycling take-aways and Frisco history on the move
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.