Craven: Friends of the Eagles Nest Wilderness celebrates 20th anniversary
August 26, 2014
I am writing to invite one and all to a birthday party! Friends of the Eagles Nest Wilderness (FENW) is celebrating the 5oth Anniversary of the Wilderness Act, and the 20th Anniversary of FENW. The Wilderness Act is landmark legislation with worldwide significance. Observing these significant milestones is worthy of a community gathering
Since May of 1994, FENW has worked to assist the US Forest Service manage and care for designated Wilderness Areas of Summit and Eagle Counties. FENW has adopted as central beliefs and operating tenets four principles; education, outreach, stewardship, and advocacy. Our organization fully supports responsible multiple use of public lands.
Our celebration is Tuesday night, August 26, 2014. The acclaimed Colorado nature photographer and conservation spokesman (and our fellow Summit County resident) John Fielder will present images from his wilderness travels and adventures. We will open the doors of the Silverthorne Pavilion at 6:30 p.m. for this free show. Our program will begin at 7:00 p.m.
After this beautiful and evocative visual treat, we'll have cake and lemonade in the true spirit of anniversary celebration topped off by joyous gathering of your friends and supporters of our beautiful Wilderness. Please come and celebrate with us!
Friends of the Eagles Nest Wilderness
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Mountain Town News: Jackson mayor takes down picture of Trump
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say