Eisenlau: Going to the dogs
July 10, 2013
I am a part-timer of Summit County for over 25 years. I am writing to ask the people to be responsible dog owners. Lease your dog, pick up the poop, licence it, and keep it from other pets.
If you chose not to do so, I ask the police to ticket you for the full amount. People vacation in Summit because it is lovely: dog poop and dog fights degrade the towns.
If you are a responsible dog owner — thank you! And the next time you see someone who lets the dogs run riot, call that person out on his or her poor behavior. Summit County is a beautiful community — it deserves our respect.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: With flow control comes rising costs for trash hauling
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: Abandoned dog poop is pollution
- Summit Daily letters: Colorado ski laws favor reckless snow-thugs
- Summit Daily letters: Fat bike feuds and continued carnage on the ski slopes
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault