Flitcraft: Let the scientists vote on climate change
December 30, 2013
During the first century an astronomer, Ptolemy, offered the theory that earth was at the center of the solar system, and the sun and planets revolved around it. This theory was accepted until Galileo came along several centuries later and averred the sun was actually the center of our solar system, and the earth and planets revolved around it.
This created a controversy that upset every body. The Catholic Church even sentenced Galileo to death if he persisted in publishing such heresy.
Now we have the controversy whether people are to be blamed for climate change. Scientists are split.
Why don't we hold an election among scientists to settle the matter, and stop all this fuss? Whichever side wins, wins and that's that.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: Abandoned dog poop is pollution
- Dillon mayor’s statement over DUI lacked perspective (letter)
- Summit Daily letters: Colorado ski laws favor reckless snow-thugs
- Summit Daily letters: ColoradoCare, Breckenridge parking and government spending
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access