Flitcraft: Let the scientists vote on climate change
December 30, 2013
During the first century an astronomer, Ptolemy, offered the theory that earth was at the center of the solar system, and the sun and planets revolved around it. This theory was accepted until Galileo came along several centuries later and averred the sun was actually the center of our solar system, and the earth and planets revolved around it.
This created a controversy that upset every body. The Catholic Church even sentenced Galileo to death if he persisted in publishing such heresy.
Now we have the controversy whether people are to be blamed for climate change. Scientists are split.
Why don't we hold an election among scientists to settle the matter, and stop all this fuss? Whichever side wins, wins and that's that.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says