Flitcraft: Squatting on public land bites the hand that feeds
June 16, 2014
Government is very kind and generous to us. It gives us food stamps to cash in at the grocery store; serves our children food in school; takes care of our children in day care; provides us with health care; provides us with transportation; provides us with affordable housing; etc; etc;etc. Now we discover some of us are so selfish that we show our ingratitude by providing our own housing by camping in the woods by-passing government’s helping hand!
Suppose we all started to provide our own food and shelter and picked up nurturing our own children on our own initiative like those folks living in the forest. What possible good could come from that? This country could return to a self sufficient society free to choose how it wants to live, or this country could continue down a path of dependency on a government which will inevitably become more and more oppressive with the many regulations and restrictions required to sustain the “free” stuff it now provides.
The choice is ours to make.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters: What do federal income taxes pay for?
- Summit Daily letters: Family & Intercultural Resource Center endorses 3A, 3B and 5A
- Summit Daily letters: A Democrat rallies for Republican Woodman
- Summit Daily letters: Problem-solving courts, a modern approach to justice