Flitcraft: Squatting on public land bites the hand that feeds
June 16, 2014
Government is very kind and generous to us. It gives us food stamps to cash in at the grocery store; serves our children food in school; takes care of our children in day care; provides us with health care; provides us with transportation; provides us with affordable housing; etc; etc;etc. Now we discover some of us are so selfish that we show our ingratitude by providing our own housing by camping in the woods by-passing government's helping hand!
Suppose we all started to provide our own food and shelter and picked up nurturing our own children on our own initiative like those folks living in the forest. What possible good could come from that? This country could return to a self sufficient society free to choose how it wants to live, or this country could continue down a path of dependency on a government which will inevitably become more and more oppressive with the many regulations and restrictions required to sustain the "free" stuff it now provides.
The choice is ours to make.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit County firefighters rescue cat from lodgepole pine (letter)
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Callison: Morgan Liddick’s very long list of dislikes
- Gordman: With marijuana on Main, Breckenridge gets risk but no reward
- Letters: Supporting the candidates for sheriff, district attorney
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery