Gray: John assumes too much about abortion protesters
April 9, 2014
John Young assumes too much
Longtime "Texas" newspaperman, John Young, in his opinion piece of April 5, 2014, wrote that "most likely, they (individuals praying out in front of Planned Parenthood) not only oppose the abortion that their signs and placards decry. They also oppose birth control …"
By that reasoning, being a Texan, he "most likely" must be loud, obnoxious and have cows–t on his boots. It is pompous bigots like himself who coarsen our public discourse. Does he also make drive by assumptions based on race or gender? Wouldn't be politically correct.
One suggestion for Mr. Young; instead of "regularly driving past individuals praying in front of Planned Parenthood," why doesn't he stop and talk to them. Besides, doing that on a "regular" basis just sounds creepy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Summit Daily letters: Colorado ski laws favor reckless snow-thugs
- Summit Daily letters: Fat bike feuds and continued carnage on the ski slopes
- Karl: Frisco mayor’s comment on marijuana and ski racers misses the mark
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- High Country Crime: Notorious Aspen con man gets six years
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Do you remember the time Ivanka snuck out…
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska