Gray: John assumes too much about abortion protesters
Ryan Summerlin April 9, 2014
John Young assumes too much
Longtime “Texas” newspaperman, John Young, in his opinion piece of April 5, 2014, wrote that “most likely, they (individuals praying out in front of Planned Parenthood) not only oppose the abortion that their signs and placards decry. They also oppose birth control …”
By that reasoning, being a Texan, he “most likely” must be loud, obnoxious and have cows–t on his boots. It is pompous bigots like himself who coarsen our public discourse. Does he also make drive by assumptions based on race or gender? Wouldn’t be politically correct.
One suggestion for Mr. Young; instead of “regularly driving past individuals praying in front of Planned Parenthood,” why doesn’t he stop and talk to them. Besides, doing that on a “regular” basis just sounds creepy.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Summit Daily letters: Dillon’s outsized amphitheater project
- Summit Daily letters: Is there life before death?
- Summit Daily letters: The trials, troubles and tribulations of the triathlon
- Summit Daily letters: Vote no on physician-assisted suicide in Colorado
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide