Gray: John assumes too much about abortion protesters
April 9, 2014
John Young assumes too much
Longtime "Texas" newspaperman, John Young, in his opinion piece of April 5, 2014, wrote that "most likely, they (individuals praying out in front of Planned Parenthood) not only oppose the abortion that their signs and placards decry. They also oppose birth control …"
By that reasoning, being a Texan, he "most likely" must be loud, obnoxious and have cows–t on his boots. It is pompous bigots like himself who coarsen our public discourse. Does he also make drive by assumptions based on race or gender? Wouldn't be politically correct.
One suggestion for Mr. Young; instead of "regularly driving past individuals praying in front of Planned Parenthood," why doesn't he stop and talk to them. Besides, doing that on a "regular" basis just sounds creepy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced