Gray: John assumes too much about abortion protesters
April 9, 2014
John Young assumes too much
Longtime "Texas" newspaperman, John Young, in his opinion piece of April 5, 2014, wrote that "most likely, they (individuals praying out in front of Planned Parenthood) not only oppose the abortion that their signs and placards decry. They also oppose birth control …"
By that reasoning, being a Texan, he "most likely" must be loud, obnoxious and have cows–t on his boots. It is pompous bigots like himself who coarsen our public discourse. Does he also make drive by assumptions based on race or gender? Wouldn't be politically correct.
One suggestion for Mr. Young; instead of "regularly driving past individuals praying in front of Planned Parenthood," why doesn't he stop and talk to them. Besides, doing that on a "regular" basis just sounds creepy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government