Hertzberg: Correcting Liddick’s unhealthy lies on Obamacare
September 25, 2013
With respect to Liddick's latest defense of the Republican efforts to deny health care insurance to some 30 million uninsured Americans, and to deny food stamp benefits to the poor, the Almighty said it best through his prophet Amos: "…how great are your sins — you who afflict the righteous, who take a bribe, and turn aside the needy at the gate. I hate, I despise your feasts and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever flowing stream. Hear this, you who trample upon the needy, and bring the poor of the land to an end, who deal deceitfully with false balances, that we may buy the poor for silver and the needy for a pair of a pair of sandals."
The Affordable Healthcare Act has already provided benefits for adult children who are now covered by their parents, eliminated the denial for pre-existing conditions, and eliminated the limits for long term coverage…all ignored by Liddick's bigotry. Liddick's latest fear mongering is that you may not be able to keep you current health plan ..another misleading distortion.
Alex Miller, the former editor, in the interest of the SDN's journalistic integrity, would occasionally write columns to expose Liddick's distortions and lies. Who does it now?
Martin & Ruth Hertzberg
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)