King: Reflections on Summit High School graduation ceremony
May 27, 2014
Honored to be invited to the Summit High School graduation ceremony. I praise and commend valedictorian Duncan Biggin for the fine review of history re-enacting Patton’s speech, apropos for the Memorial Day weekend. The insightful likening of preparedness for battle to life’s uncertain demands is refreshing in light of today’s changing societal values. History has documented the demise of great civilizations that lost focus, with barbarians at the gate, who chose instead to live in perverse security of their decadence. Youth is the future. May you develop full potential each according to your own ability. Unlike the gold star handed to everyone in the desire for fairness. Your reward earned through achievement will be meaningful and fulfilling.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Family & Intercultural Resource Center endorses 3A, 3B and 5A
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters: What do federal income taxes pay for?
- Summit Daily letters: Dan Gibbs makes case for the ‘Raise the Bar’ amendment
- Summit Daily letters: A Democrat rallies for Republican Woodman