Kryshak: Breckenridge Ski Resort’s summer expansion would create visual pollution
March 15, 2014
I wholeheartedly support Leigh Girvin's comments in the March 13 Summit Daily against the proposed Breckenridge Ski Resort Peak 8 summer activity expansion.
The proposal has a physical impact on our beautiful above tree-line environment as well and equally disturbing will be the visual pollution these structures/scaring will create. Breckenridge Ski Resort prided itself on the location and design of their above tree-line lifts. And, now they are proposing to deface the same above tree-line environment they so proudly said they would protect if their prior expansions were approved. We need to hold them to their prior promises.
It is time for us to record our opposition to these proposed changes. I would like to repeat the information for comments Leigh provided. Email your comment to: email@example.com and be sure to put "BSR summer use proposal" in the subject line.
Terry J. Kryshak
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit County firefighters rescue cat from lodgepole pine (letter)
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Callison: Morgan Liddick’s very long list of dislikes
- Gordman: With marijuana on Main, Breckenridge gets risk but no reward
- Letters: Supporting the candidates for sheriff, district attorney
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery