Kryshak: Breckenridge Ski Resort’s summer expansion would create visual pollution
March 15, 2014
I wholeheartedly support Leigh Girvin's comments in the March 13 Summit Daily against the proposed Breckenridge Ski Resort Peak 8 summer activity expansion.
The proposal has a physical impact on our beautiful above tree-line environment as well and equally disturbing will be the visual pollution these structures/scaring will create. Breckenridge Ski Resort prided itself on the location and design of their above tree-line lifts. And, now they are proposing to deface the same above tree-line environment they so proudly said they would protect if their prior expansions were approved. We need to hold them to their prior promises.
It is time for us to record our opposition to these proposed changes. I would like to repeat the information for comments Leigh provided. Email your comment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to put "BSR summer use proposal" in the subject line.
Terry J. Kryshak
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs