Kryshak: Breckenridge Ski Resort’s summer expansion would create visual pollution
March 15, 2014
I wholeheartedly support Leigh Girvin's comments in the March 13 Summit Daily against the proposed Breckenridge Ski Resort Peak 8 summer activity expansion.
The proposal has a physical impact on our beautiful above tree-line environment as well and equally disturbing will be the visual pollution these structures/scaring will create. Breckenridge Ski Resort prided itself on the location and design of their above tree-line lifts. And, now they are proposing to deface the same above tree-line environment they so proudly said they would protect if their prior expansions were approved. We need to hold them to their prior promises.
It is time for us to record our opposition to these proposed changes. I would like to repeat the information for comments Leigh provided. Email your comment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to put "BSR summer use proposal" in the subject line.
Terry J. Kryshak
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Breckenridge Lodging Association against retail marijuana in downtown core
- Enderlin: U.S. Forest Service should avoid repeating Gold Hill clearcutting
- Jordan: Breckenridge is growing up — fast
- Shand: Current Breckenridge sign code provides equal playing field
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Vail Resorts unhappy as Breckenridge eyes $8.9 million parking garage for Tiger Dredge
- Eagle bar will close earlier, beef up security in wake of Monday attack on bartender
- Summit County police blotter: Tequila-fueled Tinder date ends in robbery