Kryshak: Breckenridge Ski Resort’s summer expansion would create visual pollution
March 15, 2014
I wholeheartedly support Leigh Girvin’s comments in the March 13 Summit Daily against the proposed Breckenridge Ski Resort Peak 8 summer activity expansion.
The proposal has a physical impact on our beautiful above tree-line environment as well and equally disturbing will be the visual pollution these structures/scaring will create. Breckenridge Ski Resort prided itself on the location and design of their above tree-line lifts. And, now they are proposing to deface the same above tree-line environment they so proudly said they would protect if their prior expansions were approved. We need to hold them to their prior promises.
It is time for us to record our opposition to these proposed changes. I would like to repeat the information for comments Leigh provided. Email your comment to: email@example.com and be sure to put “BSR summer use proposal” in the subject line.
Terry J. Kryshak
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: With flow control comes rising costs for trash hauling
- Summit Daily letters: Colorado ski laws favor reckless snow-thugs
- Summit Daily letters: Breckenridge’s new $52 million ‘tink & drink’ water plant
- Summit Daily letters: Abandoned dog poop is pollution
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases