Larson: Summit County property values boggle the mind
June 3, 2013
Notices of property valuation for 2013 have arrived, and it is likely you are very happy or very not happy. Yes, the number of sales is low, but what is the method for selecting comps that leads to so much variation. On my block, three houses went up by substantial amounts, while four others went down by substantial amounts. The comps used to arrive at these rates are not the same and in some instances do not even include any of the same properties. Were the choices made at random?
Marina Larson, Silverthorne
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters: A Democrat rallies for Republican Woodman
- Summit Daily letters: What do federal income taxes pay for?
- Summit Daily letters: Problem-solving courts, a modern approach to justice
- Summit Daily letters: Doctors against Amendment 69