Leathers: Sheriff’s support of gun legislation lawsuit raises questions
June 3, 2013
I see that our sheriff John Minor has elected to join the right wing Independence Institute in suing the State of Colorado for passing gun control legislation. Are Summit County funds are being spent on this lawsuit?
If Sheriff Minor wishes to pursue the frivolous lawsuit on his own time and with his own money, no problem. It speaks to his judgment in joining a bunch of wing nuts who are still fighting against light rail in Denver, but whatever. Go for it.
I draw the line at spending tax dollars on his hobby, however.
We've got real problems that need to be addressed in this county and state without forcing State government to waste time and tax money in defending what is legal statute as well as the will of a vast majority of Colorado citizens.
Chuck Leathers, Frisco
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Breckenridge Lodging Association against retail marijuana in downtown core
- Breckenridge parking garage will only increase downtown traffic (letter)
- Breckenridge, Vail Resorts bungling parking problem (letter)
- Enderlin: U.S. Forest Service should avoid repeating Gold Hill clearcutting
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update