Leathers: Sheriff’s support of gun legislation lawsuit raises questions
June 3, 2013
I see that our sheriff John Minor has elected to join the right wing Independence Institute in suing the State of Colorado for passing gun control legislation. Are Summit County funds are being spent on this lawsuit?
If Sheriff Minor wishes to pursue the frivolous lawsuit on his own time and with his own money, no problem. It speaks to his judgment in joining a bunch of wing nuts who are still fighting against light rail in Denver, but whatever. Go for it.
I draw the line at spending tax dollars on his hobby, however.
We've got real problems that need to be addressed in this county and state without forcing State government to waste time and tax money in defending what is legal statute as well as the will of a vast majority of Colorado citizens.
Chuck Leathers, Frisco
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Crispell: Wendy Wolfe is a clear choice for Breckenridge Town Council (letter)
- Decker: Garbage along Lake Dillon a dam shame
- Girvin: Breckenridge’s endangered Reiling Dredge should die a dignified death
- Horbach: Marijuana undermines Breckenridge’s family friendly atmosphere
- Jury duty disdain a shame (letter)
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails