Leathers: Sheriff’s support of gun legislation lawsuit raises questions
June 3, 2013
I see that our sheriff John Minor has elected to join the right wing Independence Institute in suing the State of Colorado for passing gun control legislation. Are Summit County funds are being spent on this lawsuit?
If Sheriff Minor wishes to pursue the frivolous lawsuit on his own time and with his own money, no problem. It speaks to his judgment in joining a bunch of wing nuts who are still fighting against light rail in Denver, but whatever. Go for it.
I draw the line at spending tax dollars on his hobby, however.
We've got real problems that need to be addressed in this county and state without forcing State government to waste time and tax money in defending what is legal statute as well as the will of a vast majority of Colorado citizens.
Chuck Leathers, Frisco
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Girvin: Breckenridge’s endangered Reiling Dredge should die a dignified death
- Breckenridge’s Great Parking Debate of 2015 (letter)
- Dispelling myths about sexual assault in Summit County (letter)
- Summit County firefighters rescue cat from lodgepole pine (letter)
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- BREAKING: Silverthorne police request residents take shelter
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class