Opinion from Byers: Hash pipes at the gates of Dillon
July 5, 2013
Hash pipes at the gates of Dillon
I’m 11 years old. On Saturday our family went to the Pink Floyd concert at the amphitheater. I was really looking forward to the music. Shortly after the music started, the strong, pungent smell of marijuana filled the air. This ruined the concert for me. I decided to play with friends on the playground but was followed by the same smell. Hoping that the smoking stopped, I sat back down with my family. The smell only got heavier and gave me a headache. I found it hard to breathe, forcing us to leave the concert. For those of you who smoke pot in public maybe my letter will let you know it is selfish for you to share your smoke at a free event like this especially with so many kids and tourists around. It gives Dillon a bad reputation and I would not want to visit again. I don’t understand why smoking pot is allowed at an event like this, but a dog is not?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Family & Intercultural Resource Center endorses 3A, 3B and 5A
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters: What do federal income taxes pay for?
- Summit Daily letters: A Democrat rallies for Republican Woodman
- Summit Daily letters: Re-elect Thomas Davidson as county commissioner