Opinion from Hertrich: Plenty of room for Whole Foods Market
June 18, 2013
Room for more grocery and gourmet options
This is in reference to Diane Jensen's very agreeable information about Whole Foods.
It seems to be the only letter I have read to be in favor of the new store.
Its own 365 brand is very good. And sometimes items are priced less than competitors'.
Whole Foods has certain items not to be found in Safeway or City Market, and it's a lot easier to be able to buy it in Frisco than traveling to the closest one down valley.
I'm often in the Boulder area and stop for things not available here, like certain bread, tuna salad without celery (some people are allergic to it like some are to nuts) but with cranberries, certain cold cuts and fabulous cheeses. (CM has a wonderful department also.)
I like to be able and get certain meats cut to order for some original European recipes.
I'll still do most shopping at Safeway, love their flower department, their roses and certain employees I have known since moving here in spring of 2006, but I like to be spoiled at times and since I'm a widow, cooking for one isn't fun. Buying gourmet items hits the spot. And I'm certain that neither of our two grocery stores will feel neglected.
And Whole Foods gives back to the community just as Target does.
I have lived in Colorado since 1965, in Frisco for seven years, and I want this area to prosper.
So please, everyone, give the store a chance; you might just like it.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Breckenridge parking garage will only increase downtown traffic (letter)
- Breckenridge, Vail Resorts bungling parking problem (letter)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Newkirk: Breckenridge Town Council on the right transit track (column)
- Skinner: Vail Resorts limiting its liability with smoke shacks
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off