Opinion from Rambaud: Line up to see ‘Avenue Q’
June 28, 2013
Get in the line for the 'Q'
I am consistently amazed at the quality of local theater. The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre just opened "Avenue Q" and it is just as good as the off-Broadway version I saw last year. I love live theater and the $25 ticket price is a steal. Off-Broadway it costs $92.50 (plus convenience fees and airfare and hotel and meals and a $2 pretzel from a street vendor on the way to the theater).
The songs are catchy, almost too catchy since they refuse to leave my head in the six days since I saw the show. With songs like "It Sucks to Be Me" and "The More You Ruv Someone," how can you sing it in your car while driving around the county?
It is playing until July 14. See it before it leaves town!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Summit Daily letter: Keep skiing safe on our slopes; marching orders
- Summit Daily letters: Colorado ski laws favor reckless snow-thugs
- Summit Daily letters: Fat bike feuds and continued carnage on the ski slopes