Opinion from Rambaud: Line up to see ‘Avenue Q’
Ryan Summerlin June 28, 2013
Get in the line for the ‘Q’
I am consistently amazed at the quality of local theater. The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre just opened “Avenue Q” and it is just as good as the off-Broadway version I saw last year. I love live theater and the $25 ticket price is a steal. Off-Broadway it costs $92.50 (plus convenience fees and airfare and hotel and meals and a $2 pretzel from a street vendor on the way to the theater).
The songs are catchy, almost too catchy since they refuse to leave my head in the six days since I saw the show. With songs like “It Sucks to Be Me” and “The More You Ruv Someone,” how can you sing it in your car while driving around the county?
It is playing until July 14. See it before it leaves town!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Summit Daily letters: Dillon’s outsized amphitheater project
- Summit Daily letters: Is there life before death?
- Summit Daily letters: The side effects of ColoradoCare
- Summit Daily letters: Vote no on physician-assisted suicide in Colorado