Opinion from Rambaud: Line up to see ‘Avenue Q’
June 28, 2013
Get in the line for the 'Q'
I am consistently amazed at the quality of local theater. The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre just opened "Avenue Q" and it is just as good as the off-Broadway version I saw last year. I love live theater and the $25 ticket price is a steal. Off-Broadway it costs $92.50 (plus convenience fees and airfare and hotel and meals and a $2 pretzel from a street vendor on the way to the theater).
The songs are catchy, almost too catchy since they refuse to leave my head in the six days since I saw the show. With songs like "It Sucks to Be Me" and "The More You Ruv Someone," how can you sing it in your car while driving around the county?
It is playing until July 14. See it before it leaves town!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Gov. John Hickenlooper takes a spin in visit to possible link in Alma-to-Aspen trail loop
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- State agencies meet in Silverthorne to create strategies for reducing highway animal deaths