Opinion from Rambaud: Line up to see ‘Avenue Q’
June 28, 2013
Get in the line for the ‘Q’
I am consistently amazed at the quality of local theater. The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre just opened “Avenue Q” and it is just as good as the off-Broadway version I saw last year. I love live theater and the $25 ticket price is a steal. Off-Broadway it costs $92.50 (plus convenience fees and airfare and hotel and meals and a $2 pretzel from a street vendor on the way to the theater).
The songs are catchy, almost too catchy since they refuse to leave my head in the six days since I saw the show. With songs like “It Sucks to Be Me” and “The More You Ruv Someone,” how can you sing it in your car while driving around the county?
It is playing until July 14. See it before it leaves town!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Telling the full story of the recycling issue
- Summit Daily letters: School district thanks voters and recycling gets real
- Summit Daily letters: A step back for Summit County recycling
- Summit Daily letters: Breckenridge traffic snarls caused by pedestrians
- Summit Daily letters: Readers react to Summit County recycling cuts
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Number of ski resort fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- Housing Divided, Part 11: Developer draws up blueprint for workforce communities
- We bought a … $17,000 sign for the Frisco Town Hall