Opinion from Rambaud: Line up to see ‘Avenue Q’
June 28, 2013
Get in the line for the 'Q'
I am consistently amazed at the quality of local theater. The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre just opened "Avenue Q" and it is just as good as the off-Broadway version I saw last year. I love live theater and the $25 ticket price is a steal. Off-Broadway it costs $92.50 (plus convenience fees and airfare and hotel and meals and a $2 pretzel from a street vendor on the way to the theater).
The songs are catchy, almost too catchy since they refuse to leave my head in the six days since I saw the show. With songs like "It Sucks to Be Me" and "The More You Ruv Someone," how can you sing it in your car while driving around the county?
It is playing until July 14. See it before it leaves town!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Breckenridge Lodging Association against retail marijuana in downtown core
- Enderlin: U.S. Forest Service should avoid repeating Gold Hill clearcutting
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters to the editor: A breath of fresh air and reefer madness
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County police blotter: Tequila-fueled Tinder date ends in robbery