Pierson, Obamacare is a good thing, how?
Ryan Summerlin December 30, 2013
In response to Judee Cathrall’s letter to the editor – I think I missed something. Obamacare is a good thing? It is my understanding that the intent of Obamacare is to make sure that everyone has health insurance. What about all of the people that have lost their health insurance? What about the people that cannot sign up on the Obamacare exchange. What about the “large deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses” you quote.
It would seem to me that Obamacare is not a good thing if everyone has “insurance” but can’t use it, has “insurance” but can’t afford it, has “insurance” but everyone living in Summit county has to drive to a different county to receive hospital care that is non-emergency; has “insurance” but you need to drive to a different county to have a baby; has “insurance” but you need to drive to a different county to have out-patient-surgery and testing done. Where is the good thing? If you had insurance before, St. Anthony’s accepted the insurance as payment. People without insurance paid cash. What has changed is that people with insurance now can’t get medical service. Maybe the hospital can’t afford the large deductibles and the out-of-pocket expenses.
If you think that people on Medicare and Medicaid are in excellent shape, you didn’t look at the “new” provisions of treatment very closely.
And there are no grandfathered insurance plans, only those that Obama gave a one-year exemption to so that not every person in the U.S. would find their healthcare canceled or costs increased dramatically before the 2014 elections. My challenge to you is to show me the “good thing” about Obamacare!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: The side effects of ColoradoCare
- Summit Daily letters: Vote no on physician-assisted suicide in Colorado
- Summit Daily letters: Give hunters their due respect in the wilderness
- Summit Daily letters: A case against Summit County shut-downs
- Summit Daily letters: Summit County pediatrician supports ColoradoCare
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Bystanders testify to Bostic’s death in Frisco murder case