Ridgeway: Frisco’s annual barbecue and our nation’s meat obsession must stop
June 5, 2013
A barbecue abomination
I would like to express my extreme outrage and disapproval at the annual Colorado BBQ Challenge.
This festival has absolutely no place in Summit County, nor in the state of Colorado for that matter.
Pig flesh is filthy food, and pig-eating orgies such as these are thoroughly condemned in all of Holy Scripture.
This is just one of the many sins this nation has committed that are thoroughly condemning this nation into utter and complete destruction.
You want to eat your filthy pig flesh, do it in the privacy of your own home. Do not flaunt it in public.
There are over 3 billion men, women and children on this planet who are literally starving to death because grain that should be going to them to eat is being fed to fatten pigs so that you people can stuff your already fat guts.
It is a crime against humanity to be promoting meat consumption when there are so many of our fellow humans dying of starvation all over the planet today.
Here are three books that everyone should read:
1. “The Food Revolution,” by John Robbins
2. “Fast Food Nation,” by Eric Schlosser
3. Diet for a Hot Planet, by Anna Lappe
Trust me, once you read these books, you will never eat another bite of meat ever again.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters: What do federal income taxes pay for?
- Summit Daily letters: A Democrat rallies for Republican Woodman
- Summit Daily letters: Problem-solving courts, a modern approach to justice
- Summit Daily letters: Doctors against Amendment 69