Spainhower: Thanks for an education, Summit County
June 3, 2013
A journey to the Summit
After attending my son Sean's high school graduation this past weekend, I am reminded and touched by the support my family has experienced since moving here in 1992. What a journey it has been. Patrick began school in Silverthorne Elementary, and then was part of the first class of Summit Cove Elementary. Sean then started Summit Cove in 1999.
In celebration of Sean's graduation from SHS, I would like to publicly acknowledge the following people.
Tom Dickey, Molly Griffin, Jim Smith, Lisa Kendall, the Hart Family and Pete and Tanya Shattuck. These people have been instrumental in Sean's success at school and his future at Fort Lewis College Durango.
So thank you, thank you Summit County, as we close this wonderful chapter in the Spainhower repertoire.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Girvin: Breckenridge’s endangered Reiling Dredge should die a dignified death
- Breckenridge’s Great Parking Debate of 2015 (letter)
- Dispelling myths about sexual assault in Summit County (letter)
- Summit County firefighters rescue cat from lodgepole pine (letter)
- BREAKING: Silverthorne police request residents take shelter
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class