Spainhower: Thanks for an education, Summit County
June 3, 2013
A journey to the Summit
After attending my son Sean's high school graduation this past weekend, I am reminded and touched by the support my family has experienced since moving here in 1992. What a journey it has been. Patrick began school in Silverthorne Elementary, and then was part of the first class of Summit Cove Elementary. Sean then started Summit Cove in 1999.
In celebration of Sean's graduation from SHS, I would like to publicly acknowledge the following people.
Tom Dickey, Molly Griffin, Jim Smith, Lisa Kendall, the Hart Family and Pete and Tanya Shattuck. These people have been instrumental in Sean's success at school and his future at Fort Lewis College Durango.
So thank you, thank you Summit County, as we close this wonderful chapter in the Spainhower repertoire.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: With flow control comes rising costs for trash hauling
- Summit Daily letters: Fat bike feuds and continued carnage on the ski slopes
- Summit Daily letter: Keep skiing safe on our slopes; marching orders
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: Abandoned dog poop is pollution
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals